Top reasons cited against going google. That's GG, check mate :)

Monday, August 3, 2009

Have you run into any complaints when talking about google products? Here's a few I've heard recently.

1 I'm a "pro" office user, I routinely rely on the high level features of MS Office like shortcut keys to the point of mouse-less use. I feel the difference the most in excel.

2 Even if small, the added delay that comes with using a web application is enough to turn me off. The very idea of it wasting a second of my time while updating gives me the hives.

3 I don't want to depend on google, and especially not a cloud hosted solution. And by the way, google gears is a crap shoot, for me it works about half the time, and I can't figure out why/why not.

4 I'm just used to the old way of using outlook etc, too set in my ways to re-learn.

What's your verdict?
clipped from mashable.com

Going Google: The Apple Switch Ads for the Web App Era

More than 7 years after the launch of the Apple Switch ads, Microsoft once again finds itself the target of an ad campaign that attempts to chip away at its dominant market share.



The billboards, which run for a month, will be changed every day to progressively explain the advantages of the Google Apps suite. They’ll appear on the Mass Pike in Boston, San Francisco’s 101, New York’s West Side Highway and The Ike in Chicago, reports eWeek. The ads will push IT managers to the Apps at Work site, which explains:

blog it